Selecting: Plus, Potential, Fear, Option (PPFO)
After laying out different methods to generate ideas, it is important to structure the ideas produced, to go step by step towards a result.
Several techniques in the "selecting" family offer the possibility to do so and they can complement each other. These are typically referred to as "convergence" techniques (one moves towards an objective, a result, a decision).
1. Identify the potential of ideas.
2. Select the best or most suitable ideas.
3. Enrich, reinforce ideas, concepts.
- If the group proposes a new idea by association of ideas, note these associations separately.
- Focus on improving the current idea...
Create the matrix
Divide your board into 4 parts including:
1. The PLUSES
2. The POTENTIAL/POSSIBILITIES
3. The FEARS
4. The OPTIONS
Use the matrix as an attachment
Ask the proposed questions in the matrix that you will download.
The compilation of arguments can be done with post-it notes.
An animator, a member of the team, can write and do a follow-up to make it clear for everyone and to gather ideas. It is not a question of going back in search of an idea.
It is important to take notes accurately to enrich the post-production of ideas. The two major roles of scribe and facilitator should rotate so that the maximum number of team members can participate.