Run friendly annual performance session
When the Center for Courage & Renewal exceeded 10 people, we felt the need to introduce annual performance discussions. The team did not want to fall into the usual practice of rating members using a rating scale on certain performance criteria.
The Center for Courage & Renewal has therefore simply formulated a questioning system. This practice transformed the evaluation into a moment of joint exploration with the group or leader. Here the steps and questions of our performance session.
A time to congratulate
- What has gone really well this year that we might celebrate?
A time to learn
- What has been learned in the process?
- What didn’t go as well or might have been done differently?
- How do we “take stock” of where things are now compared to where we thought they might be?
A time to look forward
- What are you most excited about in this next year?
- What concerns you most?
- What changes, if any, would you suggest in your functions?
- What ongoing professional development will help you to grow in your current job and for your future?
- How can I be of most help to you and your work?
A time to set goals
- When you think about your work in the year ahead, what specific goals will guide you?